本文最后更新于 1053 天前，其中的信息可能已经有所发展或是发生改变。
Next to it is another restaurant where we can have Chinese food.
In front of them stood a great castle, bathed in morning sunshine.
On the bed lay a sick old man groaning.
- 方位副词，如east/west, out/in, up/down, here/there, now/then, below/above, away, off,等放在句首时：
Down jumped the murderer from the sixth floor.
Here comes Mary= Look! Mary’s coming.
Then followed eight years of the Anti-Japanese War.
There goes the bell= Look! The bell’s ringing.
Northwest of the mountain are (be) two small villages.
Present at the meeting were Professor White, Professor Smith and many other guests.
Seated on the ground are a group of young men playing music.
Such is my friend, a clever and warm-hearted boy.
Growing in the schoolyard are different kinds of flowers and grass.= Flowers and grass can be seen here and there in the schoolyard.
- There be 句型中：(该句型的谓语动词除了be之外，还可用 live, happen, exist, remain, stand, lie等)
Long, long ago there lived a king who loved horses very much.
There happened to be nobody in the bedroom when the fire broke out.
“ It’s worthwhile to visit Monet’s garden,” thought Xiao Lin.
“ Picasso’s paintings,” said the artist, “are the most beautiful ones I have ever seen.”.
(2) 谓语必须是不及物动词vi 或者系动词link verb。
Here you are. There it goes! Away it flew. Up it went.
- 否定词或否定短语放在句首（never, little, not, rarely, seldom, hardly, scarcely, neither, nor,…）也包括具有否定意义的词组 ( in no way, by no means, under no circumstances, in no case, at no time…)。
Never have I seen a better film before.
In no way can he pass the math exam this time.
Not a single word of English does he know.
If you don’t go, neither/nor will I.
- No sooner…than…及Hardly/rarely/scarcely…when…置句首时：
(1). He had hardly finished his exercises when the teacher came in.= Hardly had he finished his exercises when the teacher came in. .
(2). He had no sooner gone out than it began to rain.= No sooner had he gone out than it began to rain
- Not until置句首时, （主句须倒装，until从句不倒装，即“主倒从不倒”）
(1) Not until his mother came back did he go to bed.= He didn’t go to bed until his mother came back.
(2) Mary didn’t leave until John arrived. = Not until John arrived did Mary leave .
= It was not until John arrived that Mary left.
- So/Such…that…置句首, （“如此…”部分需倒装, 但that从句部分不倒装）
So sudden was the attack that we had no time to escape.
Such a force of the explosion was it that all the windows were broken.
- Only +状语（即：only+ adv /介词短语 /状从）置句首时，（主句倒装，only后状语不倒装，即“主倒从不倒”）
Only then did I realize the importance of English.
Only in this way can you improve your ability.
Only when the war was over was he able to get back to work again.
注意： ① 在only＋状语从句＋主句结构中，主句用倒装结构，但从句须用陈述语序。
② only+主语时，不倒装。如：Only Tom knows the answer.
- 置句首的Not only+ 分句+ but also+分句中，前倒后不倒。
Not only was everything he had taken away from him but also his German citizenship.
当not only…but also…连接主语/宾语时，不倒装。
Not only everything he had but also his German citizenship was taken away from him.
- Neither+ 分句…nor+ 分句置句首时， 前后都需倒装。
Neither does Peter want the responsibility, nor does his wife.=Neither Peter nor his wife wants the responsibility.
- So 表示肯定的“也”，置句首。
He studies English well. So does she. 比较：He studies English well. So he does. （他确实如此）
注意：表示前面的多种情况也适合于另一人或物，或者既有肯定又有否定情况或涉及到不同类型的动词时可用：It is the same with sth /sb. 或 So it is with sth /sb.
I like English very much, but I don’t like physics. So it is with my brother.
Marx was born in Germany and German was his native language. It was the same with Engles.
- 省略if 的虚拟条件从句（had ,were,should开头）
Had I been informed earlier, I could have done something.
Should any one call, tell him to wait for me here.
Were I you, I would accept his help.
May you be happy ! May you live a long life!
- adj./ adv./ v./ n. +as 引导的让步状语从句 (as相当于though, 但不能用although)，用正常语序（主语+谓语）。
Child as/though he is , he knows a lot about life. (名词前省略冠词)
Hard as he works, he can’t pass the test.
Try as he may, he will fail again.
Smart as he is, he can’t figure out the problem.